Friday, July 24, 2015

Letting the Rabbit Out of the Hat


This is not the cover.
I’ve blabbed my news to a handful of people but have not shouted it to the world yet, so here goes: I have a new poetry book coming forth! It’s called The Uneaten Carrots of Atonement, a title drawn from one of the poems. The manuscript was accepted several months ago by Wind Publications who has published all three of my previous poetry books and my craft book, The Crafty Poet: A Portable Workshop.

The revised manuscript has been sent in, blurbs are underway, and the cover art has been produced. The magnificent Brian Rumbolo who did the original art for the earlier three poetry books has also done the art for this new book. Again, he has used big bold colors and added a touch of play. I’m not going to reveal the cover just yet, but it’s pretty darn cool.

My last book, Temptation by Water, came out in 2010. Since then I’ve had one chapbook and the craft book published, so I haven’t been idle. But I’m excited to have another full-length collection of poems coming soon. Sort of like going home again after a long time away. I’m expecting to receive the galleys in a few weeks. My publisher has given me a publication date of late summer or early fall.

I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, check out one of the poems, "Original Sin."


6 comments:

  1. wonderful piece 'Original Sin'...brought up with the guilt inculcated as a 'Catholic', i can relate to this poem. although now i have distanced myself from traditional religiosity, i still feel an inner guilt. maybe because i'm part of a species that is linked genetically and shares in all the historical and present destructuve nature of things.

    look forward to your new publication

    gracias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marc. I was working with the early Puritans' idea of sin and guilt, i.e., we are all born guilty.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Diane! That's great news.
    Can't wait to see what kind of cover art goes along with that intriguing title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shawnte. You'll easily see how the title relates to the artwork.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Diane! I can't wait to read it. Adorable rabbit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...