Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Secrets Revealed at Pif Magazine


I was recently interviewed by Derek Alger for Pif Magazine. The interview appears in the December issue. Derek works in a somewhat unusual manner. In the past the interviewer has sent me questions via email, sometimes a few at a time but usually all at once. I then responded to the questions and sent them back. But Derek wanted to talk first on the telephone. We made a phone date and then chatted for over an hour. A week later Derek emailed his topics, not really questions, with some notes on what I'd said on the phone. He told me to respond any way I wanted. So I incorporated some of his / my notes and took off from there.

Some of the topics covered are the public response to my new book, my experience at a recent reading and makes for a good reading, my late bloomer status, graduate school, my David Copperfield childhood, teaching, my first two books, time spent at The Frost Place, my current work in poetry.

I am grateful to Derek for doing the interview. You can read the interview here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. Love your story of how you came to poetry via Stafford and Dunning. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent interview. I appreciated "seeing" the person who writes the poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy--
    I didn't even fully realize who Stafford was at the time. If I had, I might have been speechless. Wish I'd saved all those letters from the two of them.

    Maureen--Hopefully, not too shocking!

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...