Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Poetry Festival: The Movie

Back on June 1 the Poetry Festival that I've been running for the past five years was held at my local library. We had thirteen journals represented. Each editor invited two poets to read for his or her journal, so we had a total of 26 poets. The event ran from 1:00 PM-5:00 PM. Using the photos taken by David Vincenti and Anthony Buccino, I've put together a slide show which should give you a good idea of how the event is organized.

The full name of the event is "Poetry Festival: A Celebration of New Jersey's Literary Journals (and Some Neighbors)." I know it's a cumbersome name, but initially I invited only NJ journals. Then when we decided to hold the event annually, we realized that we'd have to spread out a bit in order to keep our 250 or so visitors coming back. That's why we are now "and Some Neighbors." The purpose of the festival is to honor the journals and editors that make it possible for us poets to get our work out into the world.

The full schedule of the day will give you an even better idea of how the day goes.

Now grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.




Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great event. I wish I could have attended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know I was in so many of David's photos. I guess that's what happens when you sit up front.

    If you are one of the featured poets, you can find a close-up at

    http://picasaweb.google.com/Anthonysworld/PoetryFestivalWestCaldwellLibraryWestCaldwellNJ

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...