- Nin Andrews Southern Comfort (CavanKerry Press)
- Gail Fishman Gerwin, Sugar and Sand (Full Court Press)
- Lowell Jaeger, Suddenly, Out of a Long Sleep (Arctos Press)
- Meg Kearney, Home by Now (Four Way Books)
- January Gill O’Neil, Underlife (CavanKerry Press)
First to read was Nin Andrews who came to NJ from Ohio with her husband. I've known and admired her work for years. I'd already bought and read Southern Comfort and enjoyed hearing the poems read by Nin. I've "known" Nin via her blog and was happy to meet her in person.
Next was Lowell Jaegar, the lone male reader, who came all the way from Montana. You can't see it in the photo, but he has a braid down his back that reaches his waist. I'd read his work in journals and found I liked it even more when I heard Lowell read. His was the only book I don't already own, but it's on my next book order list.
Then came January O'Neil. I've also known January via the blog world and then had the pleasure of meeting her in person at the Dodge Poetry Festival in Newark this past fall. I'd read her book already but had never had the pleasure of hearing her read.