Friday, December 17, 2010

Review of The Working Poet

 

 Last year I reviewed The Working Poet, edited by Scott Minar and published by Autumn House Press. I love this book. It's loaded with wonderful prompts for new poems. I have two exercises in the book, each with a sample poem. I'm joined by a few dozen other poets whose prompts and poems have stimulated some new poems for me. I'm sure the book would do the same for you.

I was delighted to see this brief review in the current issue of The Bloomsbury Review. I agree completely with the recommendation made in the last sentence. But you don't have to be in a classroom to use the book. You can use it to home school yourself. If you don't yet own this, now is the time to treat yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...