Friday, August 1, 2008

Queen for a Day


I'm thrilled to be the featured poet today at Poetry Daily! Please pay me a visit. The poem is "Seventh-Grade Science Project." It appears in the current issue of the Harvard Review.

As if that weren't enough excitement for one day, I'm now up in Kingston, NY, where I have come in order to take an all-day poetry workshop with Dorianne Laux and Joseph Millar. I haven't taken a workshop in a long time, but jumped at the opportunity to spend time with these two poets. One benefit of being in the workshop is that it will prevent me from sitting around all day staring at myself on Poetry Daily. And I hope to return home with some new poems underway. Details coming soon.


Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Diane! And I LOVE your poem, right down to its multicolored fingerprints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing poem, Diane--I have wanted for years to write a poem about what it takes to get an 'A' in science. Congratulations on landing it on PD. I am thrilled for you!

    And what a day for you, indeed. I hope you have a very productive day w Dorianne and Joseph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful poem, Diane. Nice marriage of form and content.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Diane!
    And tell Dorianne and Joe I said hello. You will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrifying and wonderful poem. Yes yes go go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! As always, an emotionally engaging poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not your first time as Queen, correct?

    all hail.

    after many years in 7th grade, I can say that you were not alone in pulling apart beautiful things, running wild and trying to preserve things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your beautiful, heart-warming comments. Tomorrow my head will be back to its normal size, crown removed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diane,
    I'm a newcomer to your poetry and blog ...just to say I've really enjoyed your work in Rattle (where I first read you) and on Poetry Daily...great stuff. : )

    best
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...