Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Speaking of Festivals

The poets for the upcoming Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival are now posted, but the schedule has not yet been set. There is also a list of accommodations and rates. Word to the wise: Book early as places go quickly, especially the ones closest to the Waterloo Village. Also, rates are good only until a certain date.

The festival will once again be held in historic Waterloo Village, now closed but open for the festival. It's an ideal location with its original buildings, pathways, and canal. Lots of open space with a real country feel.

Among the poets are many who've been part of past festivals: Lucille Clifton, Mark Doty, Coleman Barks, Edward Hirsch, Joy Harjo, Robert Haas, Billy Collins, Naomi Shihab Nye, and Sharon Olds. I'm looking forward to hearing poets I haven't heard before: Ted Kooser, Maxine Kumin, Evie Shockley, Patricia Smith, and Beth Ann Fennelly. Among NJ poets are Susan Jackson, BJ Ward, Joe Weil, and JC Todd.

I'll be working there throughout the festival, one of my favorite jobs.

This Friday I'll be going to County College of Morris in Randolph, New Jersey. The college is the site of the annual Morris County Teen Arts Festival. I've been invited to lead a critiquing workshop. I'm in the process now of commenting on the 10 packets of poems I've received. This should also be a fun day.



Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...